torsdag 14 augusti 2014

Fabricerat brev till en utklädd löjtnant från en fiktiv älskarinna



Greenville, North Carolina
7. 24. 1959


My everlasting love!

How worried am I not every second of every day? Life goes on, they say, even though everything has changed since you left. It's been the four longest years of my life, by far! Tell me, dear, when are you coming back to me? I miss you so.


Your father is still very proud of you, and sometimes get himself into trouble for it. He wishes you back, they are selling the house by christmas and moving into town when there is no Steve who can mow the lawn and do dirty work.


I am so glad to hear you are getting along with the boys! Sey hello to Mr. Johnson from me, tell him I wish him only the best! To read about the heat makes me wish I was God allmighty. If I was him, I would sent a chilly wind to give you all the strenght you need.


But now I'm not, so all I can do is pray. But do know that we all pray here. Uncle Brennan's son has now learned to ride the bicycle, he doesn't know his father died in the war. I wish it would all just stop, like when you wake up from a bad dream; you've learned something from it, but you're just so happy it's over.


On the darker days I remember all the good days we had before the war. I cannot believe we were together every day that summer before it all started. If I could turn back time, I would live in that summer every day. Riding daddy's horses in the sunset, eating so many apples we get ill and regret it, sneaking around in Tony's garage and taking boatrides in the lake...


Now I know we cannot turn back time, Steven. But let's make another summer like that again. Being alone doesn't feel right. Us together, however, does!


Love

Amanda


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar